Sunday, April 7, 2013

INSPIRATIONAL - Father Daughter Relationship


I know I’m not perfect. In fact, I am very far from perfect, but I always find my way back to the one who loves me. I can’t begin to explain the LOVE that He has for me. My mind hasn’t been able to comprehend such an overwhelming and unconditional LOVE. Even when I am least deserving, with outstretched arms He welcomes me into His bosom. So many times have I tried to do life on my own terms, leaning unto my understanding, forgetting that there is a greater power who knows the beginning and the end. I am glad I always find my way back. All because of what His Son did for me and also thanks to the numerous bodyguards my Father assigns to me. They help me stay on track when I go astray.


Photo credit: www.carrieanddanielle.com

When I met my Father, He gave me a tight, warm embrace. The joy and warmth was so overwhelming. With eyes wide shut I succumbed to it. We remained in that embrace for what seemed like hours, after which He took me by the hand and walked with me. But for some reason, I got distracted. I don’t really recall what the distraction was. It might have been a very attractive guy that passed by -- tall dark handsome and what not, *wink* or maybe the pair of designer shoes that just went on SALE. My recollection fails me, but whatever it was, it really got my attention. It made me let go of my Fathers hand. I had no idea of when I let go of His hands to follow the distraction. After a few hours, it hit me -- frightened, scared and very confused, I was ALONE………… (To be continued)


Photo credit: www.a2zmag.com



Written by: Amaka Ezeugwa
Edited by: Adaobi Gbugu

No comments: